6.16.2005

theres no place like blogspot or typepad

I have recently subscribed to bloglines and I have been lurking on the Blogtimore website and while they both offer up convenience, they take away from the reading experience of going to that blog website. You know getting out of the house. My biggest gripe is that it doesn't seem to feature pictures and I am reading a passage about a picture and I am struggling to understand. And all that pretentious CSS! Geesh!

I have to compare the experience of going to a mall verses hanging out at a friends house. I like to go to Anonymous Coworker's strangely furnished green office space or to eebmore's yellow Mnt. Vernon Apartment that is always being rearranged, or Atomic Book's little store that is so clean and cute that I had to rip it off for myself.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

You have to be careful when hanging out in my apartment in the summer months. With all the heat and humidity, it starts to sell like feet.

I have to agree with you on the whole template vs. aggregator thing. They have rearranged blogtimore so the link to the right of the title post goes directly to the blog’s index.

Content should be king, but it shouldn’t be a malevolent dictator. When you visit the site itself, you're visiting that subjective universe. That's true of the New York Times, that's true for the Wall Street Journal, and it's true of blogs as well. Aggregators do strip sites of some of their character.

Anonymous said...

eebmore, I noticed the last time I was at your blog it did smell like feet. you should get the AC kicking.

I think I started to feel overwhelmed when people started to throw around the word aggregator (where did they get that word?) and when they have different kinds of feeds. Are these things taught at all the Blogger meet ups that I miss?

Unknown said...

AC? What do you think I am, royalty? My pants are not fancy enough for air conditioning.

Anonymous said...

Don't you mean shorts?

Rachel said...

Yeah, I agree. I like going to everyone's place and seeing how they decorate. I've tried using various things like bloglines, etc...but it just feels like work and then I end up just skimming everything.

Though on LJ, I prefer my friendslist view. Whenever I go to individual LJ sites I get freaked out...sort of like, meeting online people for the first time in RL. "Wow, I didn't expect you to look all purple and pink..."