6.05.2005

Did you just call my midget friend Shorty?



I just checked my movie source to see what this bootlegged movie I picked up at D.E. Jones for $1 was all about. I was reviewing it to see if it was worthy of the sidewalk sale. Heck no!

Of course, not if you go by the review- it calls this 1980 release of movie trailers a stinker. I dunno maybe its because I should be working, but I think this is hilarious, almost on par with the untouchable funniness of Strangers with Candy!

It gives Bi11 Murray top-billing, but he only appears once I think. Howard Hessemen had a not so funny skit, but an incredibly gut-wrenching gag. And you can't forget Buddy Hacket. I asked my mom for a video of his one christmas and it just never amounted to his performance in A Mad(3x), World, and the thing I originally loved him for, the driver in the snapple commercials. He had a great zing face.

Some memorable scenes include: Ma and Pa take their talking pig, Francis to New York. A western where a stranger with something mysterious clenched between his fingers rides into a town full of Hindus who believe that the cow and the cowboy are sacred. "welcome to bacon county", "billy jerk goes to oz", and naturally the title-revealing skit "Dark Town After Dark", which was later picked up for a musicians album title, but I don't want to spoil the joke.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

sounds like the BEST MOVIE, EVER.

Anonymous said...

I think it would be right up your alley. I would lend it to you, but it cost a $1.

Unknown said...

it had me from "There won't be a dry seat in the house!" if it was meant as a double-entendre, i am genuinely offended. Good show.