6.02.2005

simple playsures

Today I was listening to my party shuffle while wielding my new sword at work, and 3 of my favorite tunes came on secessively(?), you know, in order:

1. Wilc0- "I'm a wh33l"
2. Walkm3n- "W3'v3 b33n had"
3. Sl0an-"Iggy N Angus"

And I get so excited when number 2 comes on, as if its not in my power to play it over and over as I oft do with new favorites. I highly recommend this one- not for it's good sad-song value, but for the singers ability to reflect on his life maturely and make fun of himself (in lyric) while sounding like a harlequin in a music box. See me age 19 with some dumb haircut from 19...60.* I know the music is going to wear out on me before the words. I met these guys some time back and was unfamiliar with their work thank goodness, or else it would have been a repeat performance of the time I met some post-pavement dudes, that went like:
[introduction]
him:"how ya doing?"
me:"you too"**

* sorry for quoting lyrics. I think its really annoying.
**sorry for unabashedly name-dropping and being so semi-star strucked. ITS really annoying.

No comments: