6.14.2005

Are we not festival guys?


DEVO kicks off their 2005 tour. Photo courtesy Flickr: Eskimo.

Atlanta was experiencing a bit of hurrican Arlene, so I was unable to document any of the shows via pics. Dev0, Pixie$, and White $tripes were good. I am not a festival person- even if its not raining. I did get to see many varieties of "festival guy" [picture this Lulu eightball-style]. they include:

•peaceful guy who likes to rock his face off in the sun drinking until he passes out.
•Festival girl who likes to use her "woo-hoo" rally cry alot and has dried-up dirt all over her legs.
•Festival bro. he's everybodys friend. is a fan of EVERY kind of music and tries to hippy dance with you.
•Endearing mega-fan who is in the front row with his mom wearing a dry-rot t-shirt of the band, catalogging all the songs in his mind. He also sings really loud. he is best to be near for his positive ampage.
•fratface festival dude who has no idea who the band is, but notes the quality of the crowd for some excellent head-kicking while surfing. He always stands behind me with his buds who have a pvc pole with a mast of underwear to be located by. (After the first go up, I turned around in my clear rain poncho with the ferocity of, what I could tell in his eyes, his mother about to beat him for the first time in his tender 19 year old life. I asked if he even knew who the band was. He said yes but the crew disappeared.)
•Can't take it no mo' aging rock fan who can't handle the above types and wishes that some bands won't do an encore in order to move back and get another $lushy so they give pitiful claps.


I prefer to be in my room listening to the record being an annoying combination of all of them.

No comments: