6.09.2005

D1G

Momentary 3 bars on the dsl connection prompts me to squeeze this entry in:

After reading this entry, and speaking with a number of people who have seen the documentary, I decided I needed to see what about it was evoking so much hatred or enjoyment. I have recently been getting into BJM through one of their greatest fans, and we both watched it last night. I usually fall asleep within 10 minutes of a movie, but I had that 2 DVD zombie action on.

I did have to stop myself somewhere in the second window full of extra footage. I thought the documentary was done pretty well. I have to wonder how this 23 year-old director could have such foresight to know that such a divide and different path would develop. I mean to capture all these quintessential moments on film- like BOTH moments when EACH songwriter shared that very private moment of screening the album in the car for the other. She had to be riding somebodys shotgun, ya know? And if thats the case, then she is probably out to paint some people in a certain light- even if its years gone by. Either way. Amazing. I'm glad she was there.

Anyway you can see its won them a link. Free music with a option to support. Is that not what I was just talking about yesterday?

2 comments:

Tracey said...

wasn't the documentary shot by the dude in the dandy warhols? or am i high? (i wish... it would make this day go faster...)

Anonymous said...

The documentary was shot by Ondi Timoner (the primary director). Courtney Taylor (the dude from dandys), narrated most of it. The extra footage shows commentary of the narration by BJM (one more opportunity to pit the two against one another). It also features a curious exchange between Courtney and this director regarding how much time they spent together... I could be reading in.

Oh and btw, they do have the best album titles.