5.09.2005

layed out.


My parents along with Sis#1 came to the football game this weekend. We only had two girls so that meant I got to showcase my talent. In my family, there is a strong bart and lisa archeotype for me and my baby bro. Naturally trying to disprove that I am any less of an athlete, I was floored and bounced by a guy on the other team who was performing a lateral pass backing into me. He was so huge I couldn't even see that the ball was even still in play- so naturally I was motionless in getting out of his path. I don't know what happened but when I looked at the ref from the ground, my body accidentally got up instead of just my soul and I resumed play. From the way my teammates described it; one of my legs was up in the air as I flew back and landed with my head hitting the ground twice. Then we ate my kick ass burgers.

Let me tell you the bruising is bad today. Steady dosing of aleve, and pretty soon some Irish cream. I just want to sit here sprawled on the couch and not move. Earlier Housemate pointed out the best Hampden outfit ever while I wrestled with my groceries-- it hurt my aching bruised ribs and knees so terrible-like. The more I resisted the more it hurt the more I laughed like that dude on the roof in Mary Poppins. If you know me, you know I get these fits. I hate to laugh at somebody else's style but lady was rocking it. She had a blue bandana (rambo style). Grey sweatpants, hiked up to the newly fashionable gaucho length. A white sweatshirt with 3 bad-ass illustrated kitties on the front, and their respective butts on the back. and the topper- ankle-length sports socks (no shoes). And let me tell you she was strutting her way right into Rofo. I guess people laugh at me on my ice-cream runs too.

The Euphoria film was pretty doggone inspiring. I could have used it two years ago.

No comments: