5.22.2005

Episode 2s are always attack of the clones

For my 18th birthday, my friends decided that I was pathetically lonely and they got me a full grown cat for my birthday without asking me, before unloading me at a surprise family birthday party when they told me we were going dancing. I was no doubt really pissed at my friends for years. They rescued him from a lesbian couple (thats the only explanation I ever got), and I always felt like we would always be a couple.

Then, my family line up took a big change and my mom, baby brother, and second oldest sister were all forced to seperate. I had to move in with my stepgrandmother, and was unable to take Alphie with me. I felt like such a bad mommy. I never chose to have a cat, so I tried to absolve myself of the guilt of seperating from him. My mom and I both agreed that my dad could make up for some lost child support checks (my dads a good guy). So then dad inherited him, and little clawless alfie became a dirt-rolling Carroll County country cat.

This week I brought Alphie to live with me while my dad is on vacation. He spent his first 4 hours under my bed. Now he is sleeping next to me on the sofa. We just watched StarWahs 2. Just like in the good old days.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Is alphie that disturbing looking thing on your flickr account that scares me under my bed?

Anonymous said...

Alphie is the red-headed stepbrother to Smoke, (sometimes affectionately called 'Smoker'), the inbred well-read rescued Persian cat, featured on Flickr.

Unknown said...

I have a persian of the exact same color. Neither well-read or imbred, but similarly well-feed... and as gay as Liberace on ecstasy in a bath house.

Anonymous said...

your persian sounds like a real party animal. Whats his name?

Unknown said...

I hope you don't mind, but I've stolen a shot of "Smoke" for a post. You see, I'm very bored today.

Oh, and his name is Bruiser.

Anonymous said...

I am sure Smoke is honored to be getting so much internet love. I really hope he makes it into a header with Schnozzle, even though I fear he will end up in a bath with Bruiser.