12.21.2004

Temping up S-Crik

As a new blogger, I get pretty excited when something introspective happens. I mean I always have. But now it comes with a title in mind--which is kinda gay cause it takes away from the 'moments' of live. Somewhere in the midst of that last sentence I returned to my entry after getting a little s-faced. And while I personally have little patience for a poorly spelled drunk entry, I am going to try to defeat that from happening. Wow that word took a long time to spell.

So the agenda of today is the really bad experience I had today filling in for the online editor at the el papel de ciudad (in order to cut down on google refs I will operate as my spanish teacher always said, in 'el sood-hunk-tivo'- which is actually not the tense I will be operating in, but just the language), is anyone not ever amazed at there grasp on intellect during inebriation or is it just me?

ok. so just hit the frijoles de holy. ehhhh. no translations to be had there. El vino did flow with the Shelley. and I got to run into a number of pals I rarely get to see. what a bonus. ¡que bonisima! it all detracts from the day of online hell I experienced which I have put off expressing.

here it is. last year I published the paper- with very little understanding of the scope of things.Thats not true. I knew it was huge, but like in the sense I know the universe is huge. no real sense. and as much as bastards will want to contest my spacial genius, oh I got it bitch. BUT back then- I had no grasp of the big picture, so in that sense - its really hard to stress appropriately.

but this time around, with training and so forth. I was what I thought was prepared. Even anxious to go in and knock out the job and be the online publishing hero of the week. yeah. but no. something happened. Something that has never happened. Well rarely, according to the guy I was forced to consult on vacation. the server was down. I am locked out. the paper doesn't get published online.

Anyone who has ever worked in print for newspaper knows these kind of evil nightmares and learns of there false meanings and inuendos-- but this one was real. FOR REAL said the headline NO FUCKING PAPER DEL CIUDAD! So after I got my bowels in a real twist, the art director insisted it was no fault of mine and encouraged my timely departure. It was such a grat sense of relief. I had to do it. I had a stommy ache!

in the interim of the day when my resolve was to stay thorugh the night - thick o thin - to publish, I had experienced many things. As a temp/freelance, I found myself latching onto permanent employees. Just telling them my deal and hoping for an ounce of sympathy. so not my style. but I am a human person. thats a human persons style!

While I was explaining to the advertising director- my publishing plight, (she was enrapt during her wait to use the bathroom located directly next to the office) I give her the scenario. She appears to empathize. Meanwhile, I see a file open on my desktop. its a photo in photoshop. its the photo for the crit pick "Toys for Ta tas" which, if the title didn't indicate enough- bring a toy worth $10 to 'el casa de take your clothes off, and we'll donate it to needy kids'. a great measure to enlist seedy perverts to help high-risk children, but the photo- God the photo! it was of two lesbo santas helpers who have somehow managed to get on top of one another in santas chair. And it was a high res so it took a while and it was big yknow- do you grasp that idea? Shes in semiclear view of the screen and I just continue to bitch. well. I can see the empathometer drop and her bathroomometer rise as she is trying to get out of there.

In my mind. I don't mind. in fact I am starting to become a little relaxed to the fact that these type of uncomfortable interactions are always going to attack my character. its part of either my karma or one of my ancestoral sense of humor. I really feel like I managed to not blush even, which for me, is some feat. I classified it as usual activity as it happened. it went into a category that was called something like this:
"yes, madragada, people do think you are a real freak"