12.30.2004

sellular vision

Free and clear. That's how I escaped the Sprint store yesterday. Everybody just expects to get screwed by their cell phone company, cause there's nothing to compare it to. There are no granddads saying, "In my day, a person would hold a door for you, and they wouldn't nickel and dime you on your cell phone bill. Just didn't happen.". So we're all lost. And then on the corporate side, there is a 25' long table in a board meeting where there are clueless well-dressed folk saying, "How about its a flat $20 a month?" and some little marketing genius adds, "How about we just nickel and dime them?".
When I walked into the store there was a man yelling at the service woman that he has not gotten 3 of the broken phones that he received from Sprint wet. She was eager to help me to get away from the lune, and I announce upfront that I did get my phone wet. I am all prepared to tell her how I managed to keep my last phone for 4 years, and that I am a valued customer since 2000. She didn't want to hear it. She told me to come back in an hour. And it was the free and fixed plan!

Then today, my service industry luck changed. At the Enterprise car co. I request that the insurance be lifted now that the crazy season is winding down. He calculated for 8 days it will be $100- because insurance is taxed? I immediately switch to crazy bitch customer mode. Without going into all the details(mostly cause I don't know em), I was told before it would be much less. He responded to CBCM by saying, "tell you what- I don't want to argue with you over $10 so I will give it to you." And after I restored my feathers over the financial defeat- I realized A> The clever mathematical bastard still cheated me! B> He treated me like one of those customers that stingily argue over .50! This is a hit and run total. cut me some slizza!


No comments: