1.31.2006

Last week I was going to get a perm

but I couldn't decide if I wanted to go to my trusty stylist who doesn't think its a good idea but wanted to "experiment", or the elderly urban stylist in midtown who does them everyday. While I was accessing the merits of the two, I bought a house.

I didn't plan to. I mean I was taking the number one form of advice, that being- take your time. I was in no hurry. Just looking. Enrolled at the end of the month in a first time buyers program. All the good painful slow stuff. Then there it was: a 10 point beauty.

Second major piece of advice was to get a handy person (guy) to go to my inspection with me. I don't know handy people. Along with hiring an inspector, you should have the option to hire an "objective handy advisor".

Thats all until then. Lets hope if the roof caves in, I incur minor damages enough to afford my closing costs, and thats it.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

what a coincidence. just last week I was trying to decide if I wanted a hot dog or a cheese sandwich for lunch, and I ended up getting married.

heh.

congratulations.

I got somethin to say said...

wow! hotdog, cheese sandwich, marriage! that is a jump. Just yesterday you were inquiring about nude gay yoga.

thanks. I really should have stuck with the perm.

Unknown said...

I can assure you that my interest in hot gay yoga is purely academic. heh. Midtown did experiment with a nude hot yoga a few years ago. i think the idea was supposed to be new age, but, of course, it just turned into one great big giant gay pick up event. surprise surprise.

Rachel said...

Wait, did you really get married?

Unknown said...

!!! no rachel. but thanks for making sweat to pour out of my glands and giving me the shakes. :)

Unknown said...

besides, my fiance is still tied up in romanian custims... literally.