2.05.2008

learning to variables, 8, 1

so i can't remember if I mentioned this in my blog about the recession, but it hit me in the form of low enrollment, leaving me with no teaching or taking. So before it was too late, I combed the credit schedule for another class that would fit into my array called life, and it turned out to be game programming I.

Now. I am no beginner to the world of programming:
  • I've had ~100 hours keying syntax from the coil binder that came with my commodore 64 to get a ball to bouncy; and
  • during high school, BASIC and PASCAL. I was no cheating slouch.

I thought I might take a stab at relaying my thoughts of the class in action script. Here goes:

//multimedia game programming class first impressions
//defining variables
intAverageAgeClassmates=18;
intAgeOfficewizard="";

//now we are getting to some meat and potatoes software biz
student1.name=officewizard;
student1.lastmathclass= intAverageAgeClassmates - 13;
if(gender="female") {
nails="biting"
};

so if all of that didn't compute to you or trace out properly, this says in computerese that the instructor told us for our first assignment, we could convince our parents to buy us a new game.

During class two, I was able to help debug myneighbor.laugh="every rude sound from his online game"; and I was able to even see a shortfall in the instructors code although I was not confident when I suggested it. It led me to look around the room and notice, including myself, all of the females were biting their nails!?!?!

yours truly;
first person shooter.

No comments: