2.21.2008

bodyworlds2 (a sequel?) revisted


so you may have noticed the chatter by the wjz wudder kewler that there is a nationwide story about these 'BodyWorld-type' exhibits, and how there are two competing manufacturers. One uses the unauthorized bodies of chinese war prisoners and the other uses consenting lunatics who knew exactly what they were doing. Don't worry MDSCI has a conscience.

I was lying in bed last night after a dream very similar in theme to this exhibit, which prompted me to raise the question: just what is plastination? and sure, the science center explains this relatively newly invented process, but I don't want to read all that! I just have to think of that image of bare bone, to know that the word plastination is a clever devise to lead your three pound gem away from the fact the process is really a simple one called, boilination. The french dude that developed it thought, if the audiences associate the clean sterile image of plastics to it, they won't mind investigating a corpse up close without rolfing. I am onto you frenchy!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

So those are corpses? There are billboards all over the city of mutilated corpses? ew ew ew ew ew ew ew ew.....EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!

devinek said...

you should check out this fine example of cinema - http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0187696/

it was inspired by body works

I got somethin to say said...

eebmore, ha! yes they are 'dapper cadavers'. so you very quickly dropped off the spot of the blog. you should email me your supersecret new location!

devinek: I heard there was a movie linked to it. I will have to check it out. Did you see the exhibit?

devinek said...

i haven't seen it yet. my wife saw it a few years ago in florida. it made a big impact on her.