2.19.2008

3 doses of veronica mars at bedtime

(with a dash or work stress and homework anxiety) creates this:

I was rushing to my life enrichment class at the classic mall that exists in my dreams (not to be confused with the mall of my dreams). its a giant mall similar in scope to Oz, and its only accessible by a totally sketched-out abandoned parking lot where there is a Box and Save and Rite Aid. I get into the class as my teacher is talking to some other students about some Beatles trivia in the news. He then told us that he had just gotten his haircut like a famous rocker, across the mallway, where they decided to supplement the salon income by doubling as daycare, which Mr. Rosso complained about. Class was about to start when he noticed the kitten in my lap that I found and rescued on the parking lot. He said, "unless you would like me to sneeze the whole lecture like I did at those kids, I need you to get rid of that thing." Since I didn't have my homework, it was a nobrainer that I was just going to leave. Meanwhile he started class, where the first powerpoint slide said:
----------------------
Music appreciation will:

• blah

• blah blah

• help cheerleaders
---------------------

As Mr. Rosso was going into detail about these points, I started collecting all my bags, when I realized that I was wearing no shirt, just my baby blanket, draped around my shoulders like a poncho. I noticed T.Suggs sneaking a peek as I kept bending over to pick up my 10 bags while I held the kitten to my breast. As I would pick up one bag, another would fall or my blanket would slide off my sleeve, or the kitten would get away. THIS HAPPENED FOR ETERNITY, until I said to myself, come on! this is the kind of stuff that happens in dreams! When I finally managed to pick up everything, below my last bag, lo and behold! my shirt! At that point, I decided I was used to the faded cotton poncho look.

I left for the parking lot where on my way I stopped by the old coffee stand I used to work for. All the new jhu students were book-smart, common-sense-dumb as ever and I had to keep helping them do things and of course they were weeded. The cops then came and asked where my license to operate a cart was. The till of the register had no door and I just grabbed my stuff and got on the next water taxi out of there.






3 comments:

Chris said...

Yay for Mr. Rosso. Double yay for your shot out to Umberto's. But who was this famous rocker??! Inquiring minds...

And thanks for making my dream look like a cheap puppet show.

I got somethin to say said...

Mr. Rosso pictures are impossible to find on the web.

Umberto rules.

its a famous rocker, duh!

your dream seems MORE sophisticated. maybe you should apply three episodes of VM to it.

Chris said...

Yer sure right about Mr. Rosso. This was the best that I could find, which wouldn't be so bad if it wasn't so tiny.