11.02.2005

its clobbering time


I am a free agent. I switch teams(/sports) on MY terms. Its clear that I am a nonvital fairweather football player now. I got a call last Saturday requesting my presence in the threat of a forfeit($75 team penalty). "you can leave after the game starts" was my high sign. Even my mom told me to get some skin if I was gonna play with these pups. sheesh.

When I had an opportunity to join a less than JV volleyball league near me I jumped at the chance. That brings my winter league totals to over $100 not counting indoor tennis. Its cheaper and healthier than drinking right? I have devoted more than half of my free time to these team related sports. I imagined the winter would be a cold solitary photo-taking/music-playing tortured artist existence. But I guess this is really what I need. I haven't let myself dissect it.

So we got pretty crushed on our first night. s'okay, they were the best team. I thought I would impart some court wisdom. Especially since one of my largest site draws is "kickball strategy" (sorry you've come to the wrong place).


1. If you fear that you aren't able to make the play thats about to happen, (in any sense of a sport)just do SOMEthing. Flinching and standing still gives you much worse cred that hitting a ball with your boob that then hits you in the face.


2. Two is better than none. Don't try to perform a 'number 1' by saying that you thought someone else had a play. clunk heads like coconuts if necessary. again its about the cred.

No comments: