3.18.2005

The week in review-the long wind

I'm taking a break from a manic episode of spring cleaning to drop off some manic words.

First I'd like to say that I was leaving the Mill Center thursday as the Tour de Clay exhibit was kicking off, it looked cool. Free copies of the elusive Baltimore Style magazine.

Wednesday, I accidentally stumbled upon a Baltimore Blog happy hour as I was seeking out some cheap beef at the Diz. There was a brief moment of panic when I saw JasonDove, and realized I was surrounded by strangers whose lives I know about, and retreated to the upstairs.

Friday, today I received an email from my old friend JZ, the King of Comedy in my book. We've been collaborating on a slow motion music project in which he sent me alot of stuff and I have been sitting on it in frustrated confusion. Meanwhile Boston to Bmore, we share musical recommendations. He recently pointed out Robbers on High Street and I reacted with disdain based on the two songs I heard on Woxy along with some delusional alignment with Spoon. I apologized and he responded:" ...I know enough spoon to be a fan and to recognize the similarities, but now well enough to identify robbers as a rip-off. In other words, I'm no Jonathan Frisk, he he.". So this sentence has about 3 ways of being amusing. I guess thats why its important to have old friends. the layering funny effect.

Last night I got hooked on a terrible show called Starlet. Absolutely infuriating that they had to do a commericial in a bathing suit. Faye Dunaway, Sophia Loren, Katherine Hepburn, or Vivica Fox would never do that! pooch-free ≠acting ability. The poor (24 year old) thing conceded she needed to work out. White girls! Then on Jay, Ashanti waved her big butt and thighs proudly while she lip-synced. Right on.

Back to Wednesday, I have been listening to The Al Franken Show. Another far left liberal source of news. He has a great news pace like Diane Rehms. He made a really great point about people who claim they climbed the ranks with no help. But the truth is, no one has ever gotten anywhere without the help of anyone else. I've always thought of it as a very admirable quality but now it seems like a very selfish thing to say. It puts a dark shadow on DIY.

Finally, last night was the LookoutRecordsSXSW showcase. Hope everything went well and that my bros are musically blasting.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

you hid out and lurked at Diz? Heh. Lamo.