3.16.2005

a mass of indispensible gas

This is from an email my sister sent me. The beginning I lopped off because I felt it was another offensive right-wing stereotype couched as patroitism. Its interesting to know the sources for our gas stations--the rest doesn't make sense to me. I listened to Diane Rehm's show today on drilling in Alaska and couldn't help thinking that as much as I believe that the land should be preserved, both correspondents were lying to me like a salesman selling cheap carpet.

------------------------------------
I thought it might be interesting for you to know which oil companies are the best to buy gas  from and  which major companies import Middle Eastern oil :

Shell................................ 205,742,000 barrels 
Chevron/Texaco.............. 144,332,000 barrels 
Exxon /Mobil.................. 130,082,000 barrels 
Marathon/Speedway....... 117,740,000 barrels 
Amoco.............................62,231,000 barrels 

If you do the math at $30/barrel, these imports amount to over $18 BILLION! 
 
Here are some large companies that do not import Middle Eastern oil: 

Citgo......................0 barrels 
Sunoco...................0 barrels 
Conoco...................0 barrels 
Sinclair....................0 barrels 
BP/Phillips...............0 barrels 
Hess........................0 barrels                
ARC0......................0 barrels 

All of this information is available from the Department of Energy and each is required to state where they get their oil and how much they are importing. 
----------------------------------------------------

No comments: