8.21.2005

Verizon DMVsl

[hawking wireless from neighbor c]

Verizon DSL is sooo terrible, dear people searching the internet wondering whether they should get hi speed comcast cable or verizon DSL. I don't know for sure that comcast doesn't equally suck, but I made the choice based on the premise that cable is a shared service by all the people in an area, so there are periods of slow down. However my conversation with the billing customer service rep at Verizon won points for lowest corporate customer satisfaction of all times.

I tried to explain that I had spent countless hours on the phone with both mac and pc incompetant tech support and that it was draining my cell phone usage. She kept insisting that she couldn't refund my money. "i'm not asking you for a refund. I am asking for a little understanding". Then she said she would be able to provide a refund for the days that we weren't receiving service--so long as I called to tell them when it was up and running. She could look back as far as January to detect when we were without service."So why do I have to call you when you have such accurate records?". "Do you know any company that would just credit service back to your account without you telling them?"

She actually said that. And shes right. I could think of 2 places. The IRS, and your opponent in Monopoly when they have landed on your property and you are unwittingly watching a commercial and start to roll the dice.

No comments: