8.08.2005

The calm after the gorilla


I really should have given this shot a whole day before I began uploading new shots in my photostream. It was getting a steady dose of comments and faves and I pushed it back. It could have maybe received interestingness fame!

The shows over. Back to life. Back to reality. Back to the here and now of whatever they say. They went well. They went bad (bladder control issue, but hey its a pool!)but the show left me reminiscent. I haven't had this feeling for a long time, maybe since graduating from college or high school. Rewards for stresses, relief plus congratulations, plus new friends and saying good-bye and exchanging emails.

"Twas this the wake-up call to get me out of the ever un-appreciative stressball world of advertising where no person is your friend unless you work late and weekends and opt out of other stress-inducing (but ultimately rewarding) projects to save yourself a little sanity?", says the tiny growing bump on my neck.

"Maybe this time!", I say.

It felt good to be involved with a project that gave creative licenses to so many people with everyone being able to share a common goal. It wasn't hard but it was a lot of work and I did resent(sp?) it more than a couple times. I wish I could manage to pull this kind of working together environment in other parts of my life. Clear goals are usually the hardest thing (for me) to determine. Thats why its hard to build.stuff.

I didn't think I was going to be able to accomplish the scheduling, tasks, stress (I am really a performance stresser)- but I did. And that felt g-reat. really great. Especially with so many projects that just dissipate and dissapoint-like the comic book split. So I shall move forward with the FM momentum. Next baby step- a photo exhibit! flickr group photo exhibit!! Very exciting. It seems promising.

Last thing in this huge entry. One of the FMers (and flickrers) moved down from nyc to be with his girlfriend and it didn't work out. He had been a Brooklyn resident for so long. His comment of Bmore was so true, "Baltimore is so easy. If you want to do something you can. You can do it and nobody is stopping you even the people who are maybe trying to do what you are". That was an inspiring reminder.

No comments: