7.08.2008

staycation all I ever wanted.

Yesterday, I was informed that the vacation I am taking is technically called a staycation. I haven't looked into the definition much, but I believe its when you stay home during your time away from work and sit on the tv and eat a lot of banana nut crunch and talk to your cats. It's what academia calls a sabbatical.

Of course, the inner spaz in me will want to take a hammer to the bathroom floor and start a project. The inner artist will want to paint the empty canvas that has been on the wall for a year, and finish recording some song ideas including the new rap song born out of car-radiolessness. It will be interesting to see who wins.

Ironically, the same person who tuned me into the notion of staycation, happens to need help moving into a new house, and now they know I am off.

5 comments:

Strader said...

Hi, I'm a producer for a Japanese TV network's DC Bureau and we're wanting to profile a "staycationer" for a story we're doing on the economy. Could you give me a call at 202.638.0441 when you get a chance? Thanks,

Strader Payton

Unknown said...

Like I keep telling people when I take my staycations, with all that Baltimore has to offer, why would anyone ever want to leave, even for a week or two? Well, that, and I would rather sit on my ass, watch tv, and talk to my cat than travel. Man, do I hate travel.

Unknown said...

... and always hide the details of your schedule from those who are about to make a big move. Or fake a back injury.

I got somethin to say said...

eebmore, are you trying to steal my big Japanese tv show break?

yeah, I personally don't like the idea of vacationing, but I do like the idea of travel. That may be because I have never been to true blue water. I will have to investigate that next time around... if my sciatica flares down.;)

Unknown said...

Oh, I'm sorry, didn't Strader talk to you? They were going to interview you, before I swooped in and stole your thunder. Woo Hoo! They're flying me to Tokyo! They're putting me on Human Tetris! Best!Show!Ever! I'll send you a postcard from Kyoto.

Also, sciatica? Ah yes, Grasshopper. Stay close to me and you will go far... but not to Tokyo, because that's MY trip! Mine, mine, mine!