1.22.2008

Be alarmed. Be very alarmed

Okay, I can't find it now, but there was a picture of Henry Paulson, chairperson of the stock market or whatever, in his little blue stock market penny before the Dow opened this morning crying. no joke.

I don't really know what it means when rich people are afraid to bet their money, but I can be certain that they didn't get rich being stupid. Its scary. I can only paint a picture as bleak as the opening scene of this movie or this movie in the future ahead.

I am known for my pennysaving so I think I will be okay for a while. I will continue to exist off bags of .50 split pea soup for each of the coming recession weeks. Maybe I will adopt some of the habits that my dear gram, who lived through the Depression, (rest her soul), practiced:
  • stuffing one kleenex in my wristwatch to use ALL day (possibly month) long.
  • if I should receive any presents, I will open them with the hypervigilance of a U.S. bomb detection person/dog as a means to retain that paper for blankets, clothing, and sandwich wraps.
  • keep my CB on all day instead of tv as it calls on less electrical force.
However, making ends meet to pay my bills will be more difficult. Enrollment at the not-so-local community college has plummeted too -- snatching away BOTH of my supplemental income classes along with my life enrichment class.

Hillary sent me an email the other day (she always sends me emails), asking me how the economy effects me. I figured my story didn't pull the kind of heartstrings the way someone who makes their own shoes does so I deleted it, but let me put the question to you, dear reader. How does the weakening economy effect you?

3 comments:

Chris said...

Fortunately I have a freezer full of deer meat that will keep me from having to partake in these escalating grocery costs. Click on my username to find out more!

Chris said...

Also. Is this why my 401K balance is sitting at zero?

I got somethin to say said...

get in that 401k!