1.24.2005

a © beach in Michigan

Just made it back from Brooklyn in the nick of time to avoid getting snowed under! I drove the whole way with no red-io (thats how my stepfather says it). So I created a tune. my favorite kind of tune. a tune about geography. A personal geography. And of course, I made it really rhymy so that it would require some brain activity so I wouldn't fall asleep. I guess some would argue that it takes more brain activity to write a song thats good without so much rhyme, but I was driving down 95! It was not good. It was really, um embarrassing. I am pretty sure that my songwriting abilities will function best for childrens songs. One of the locations was "a taco bell in perry hall". I also adopted "a private beach in Michigan" from Wilco, but then later traded it for "new years eve in Linthicum". not as catchy but I don't have to attach the new copyright license of Creative Commons should I ever choose to publish it. I have to read up on it more, but it seems to be pretty promising for both artists and software/technology developers.

Also on the topic of music licensing- I found this on MSN today. Alt-rockers go the way of the soundtracks. If you ask me, thats the new red-io. No HFS. Its the way that todays meatheads get validation for accepting acts like Modest Mouse. "it was on the OC, Bitch."

No comments: