7.07.2006

a brief history of tshirts

Recently, I purchased the shirt below, entirely oblivious to its association with 9/11. Its kind of like one of those magic pictures where sometimes when I look at it I see nothing to do with 9/11. and then I look at it and I can see the ironic bratty little anti-patriotic apathetic brooklyn hipsters.


well I wore it anyway, and got a taste of that old-fashion embarrasSment a-la up the stairs in a skirt too short. I was behind 5 firefighters in Matthew's pizza and kept crossing my arms and holding my purse in front of me like a cardboard flyer.

here's the latest urge:

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I generally hate hipster gear, but I laughed when I read the top shirt, and I didn’t think of 9/11 either. Even worse, I was thinking of the Holocaust. Normally I don’t laugh at the Holocaust... so now I feel guilty, complete with a case of the guilt giggles. Now the bottem shirt, I find that totally offensive. If you keep it up, i’m going to go pee-pee in your coke.

-- see, NOW i’m ripping off sarah silverman. Now that i feel guilty about.

I got somethin to say said...

I don't get the silverman reference. what I know I like her, but I am just a cableless wifi internet pirate.

now, I know I don't know eebmore the person, but I am very surprised to find you totally offended by anything. right?

dcistgohome said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Malnurtured Snay said...

i don't get it. a dinosaur? so fucking what?

(I feel very unhip)

I got somethin to say said...

you know I can't say I know exactly the intent of this tshirt myself. I only know the implication of POW MIA you are not forgotten and the association with the words "never forget" to the 911 attacks.

I guess my first impression (which is the lasting one), is one of simple statement. Don't forget about the dinosaur tragedy!

I don't know. maybe this isn't what the tshirt is about, and it also doesn't answer your question